We have just emerged from the fashion week season, and we’re bringing you the freshest autumn-winter trends from the runway. And that’s not it; we are also armed with expert styling tips to make this runway hits wearable on the road.
- Bling bling!
Glittering hues of rich gold, silver and bronze came shimmering down the runways of Michael Kors, Paco Robanne and likes. These metallic colours are not only very appropriate for the upcoming (virtual) party season but also flatter every single skin tone.
- Introduce the trends into your everyday outfits with interesting graphic tees with foil prints.
- If going with a full-on sequin dress overwhelms you, consider swapping your boring shoes with metallic ones.
- And there’s always some jewellery to give a look a glittering update. A tried and tested measure to look stunning!
2. Balloony business
Welcome the season of a sleeve with some extra drama in the guise of puffy poufy sleeves. Statement voluminous sleeves were spotted on the runways of Fendi, Max Mara and more. This is, an especially, great trend for those who are not comfortable showing off their arms.
- When the sleeves are voluminous, keep the rest of the outfit pretty sleek and fitted to get the maximum effect of the beautiful, dramatic sleeves.
One print that made a revival worth headlines this year was checkered patterns. It dominated the runway in the guise of tartan, gingham, dupplin, houndstooth, just to name a few. A juxtaposition of this rather masculine print with feminine silhouettes made for quite a vision.
Give an ethnic twist to this trend by stealing your Mother’s or Grandmother’s Madras check saree. Or don an edgy gamcha print outfit to make a true statement while flaunting your own culture.
- Bring out the flapper girl in you!
Fringes have made a comeback and how! This modern rendition is about making it long and flowy to add a textural element and movement to the outfit.
- Fringes look fabulous on accessories. Have an element of fringe on your back, necklace or earrings. This is a way of sporting the trend without getting overwhelmed.
- Time for DIY enthusiasts to rejoice and assemble with glue guns and trails of fringe. Up-cycle everything from old t-shirts to skirts with a little addition of this beauty.
- Red alert!
If we had to pick one colour that ruled the runway this season, then it has to be RED! From Bottega Veneta and Balenciaga to Saint Laurant and Giambattista Valli, everyone was obsessed with this bold hue. It was seen in bright shades of crimson to rich and deep marsala.
Red is a stunner anyway, but if you can find your right shade, you’re set to turn every head in the room. Warm skin tones benefit from orangeish hues of red while those with cool undertones are better off with blue-based shades of red.
[Images Credit: stylebistro, Pinterest, fashionista.com]