Quoting Rajinikanth, the humongous star of Tollywood – like all other S. Shankar’s movies, Robot 2.0 is aimed to be larger than life cinema. Being the ‘not-so-baby step’ of Akshay Kumar in Tamil film industry, that too alongside Rajinikanth, this movie has all the ingredients worth the hype.
Beginning right from the whopping budget of INR 5 billion (approx. US$ 71.65 million) and AR Rahman and Resul Pookutty coming together for the music to the Hollywood VFX team and all the meticulous hours of Akshay Kumar’s absolutely unrecognizable makeup – every single fact about this movie has only rendered the fans in higher levels of anticipation.
With the weekend being around the corner, if you are still having second thoughts about the movie – here are a few facts about 2.0 that you must know before being conclusive about it.
- In case, you are under the impression that 2.0 is an out-and-out sequel to Robot or Endhiran, do know that you are not going to be subjected to any monotonous dragging of Robot. Instead, it’s a whole new story with a couple of characters coinciding with the prequel.
- The entire movie has been shot in 3D visual technology.
- Akshay Kumar plays the villain Dr. Richards, who has gotten himself transformed into a crow and puts the entire city into trouble by controlling all the mobile phones whimsically.
- The protagonist from the prequel Vaseegaram brings back his robot Chitti to restore peace in the city.
- Well, for those who still swoon over Aishwarya Rai Bachchan waltzing in the meadows in vibrant drapes, might be a little disappointed since she is not to be seen in this sequel. Instead, you will take back home glimpses of the gorgeous Amy Jackson in your mind from 2.0.
- AR Rahman has played his magic once again with the background scores.
- Thinking if the VFX is overhyped? Well, it has had the biggest ever preps in terms of high-end VFX in Indian cinema. Both Aki and Rajinikanth will be seen sharing the screen in some marvellous high octane sequences.
- It is being released in about 13 languages or more.
No matter whatsoever the very first reviews of the audience are; in case, you are thinking of 2.0 as a weekend entertainer, you won’t return disappointed. Without a prior booking, you rarely have a chance at the multiplexes for this weekend. Already there has been a collection of INR 1.25 billion ($17.93 million) through prior bookings at the multiplexes. As per the speculations, it’s estimated to have the biggest ever opening collection in Indian cinema or any other movie of Rajinikanth or Akshay Kumar.